Below are a number of tips to make your web conference meetings successful - regardless of what tool you are using.
Check-out the Zoom blog or Google Meet blog for more ideas.
See this FAQ for some tips and best practices for securing a web conferencing meeting.
- Mute your microphone when not speaking - this ensures background noises like other voices and typing don't disrupt the audio
- Join the meeting early in case you need to login or setup your audio/video
- Identify yourself when speaking - particularly in larger meetings
- Set your meeting up to allow VoIP (connection using computer) and dial-in (toll number) - this give attendees the option of calling in if they are experiencing issues with the app
- Include conferencing information along with agenda and other documents in the meeting invitation so materials are accessible from one place
- Look through your meeting participant settings; consider
- Muting participants upon entry
- Turning off entry and exit tone
- Reviewing sharing permissions
- With large meetings, locking the meeting after it begins to avoid distractions when other join
- Optimize the space you are using and minimize meeting distractions
- Find a quiet space
- Avoid or remove items in your background that can be a distraction
- Face a window or have a lamp nearby so you can be seen clearly
- Be comfortable where you are setup
- Record the meeting if invitees can't attend
- Share your screen when appropriate
More tips for everyone...
- If calling into a meeting AND logging into the Zoom or Google Meet app, make sure that your computer microphone and sound are off - the phone call and computer audio together can create an echo
- Use a headset if possible - they can cut down on background noise and allow others to hear you better
- Use the chat functionality to privately message other participants
See this Infographic
See this video to protect Zoom meetings from Zombombing
Double click "Content by Label" below. Under "Labels*" in the left menu, type all labels relevant to this page (those you have added to the page by clicking the "Labels" icon in the bottom left). When finished, delete this comment!