Beginning March 16 2021, students will be required to enroll in Duo before resetting their passwords.
The best experience with Duo is using the mobile app. These instructions are written for that experience. If you need to configure a fob, see this FAQ.
Before you begin, make sure you can do these three things:
- You're at a computer, not phone/tablet
- Have 5 minutes to complete the sign up
- If possible, enroll two devices (e.g. mobile/office/home phone, a tablet)
The following instructions are a guide through the Duo Self-Enrollment process for students that do not already have Duo
- Browse to ninernet.uncc.edu
Click Manage Account and login
FOR STUDENTS - If you are not enrolled in Duo, you will see the following and will be unable to change your password...
- Click Secure your account now in the Duo Two-Factor Authentication section
- Click Start setup
- Select the type of device you wish to add and click Continue (it is recommended that you add your mobile phone first - it will become your default device)
- Enter your mobile phone number, check the box to confirm number and click Continue
Follow the instructions below to configure your phone
- Click Add another device to add a backup authentication device. Follow prompts to add additional devices
- When you are done adding devices leave the When I log in: setting to "Ask me to choose an authentication method"
Click Continue to Login to complete
- Click Send Me a Push
- Duo is now enabled for your NinerNET account. Click Logout