Create a room in Chat for conversations where members can be added or removed easily. Rooms Chat are typically used for ongoing, long-term chats with teams.
- Open Chat in one of the following ways...
- Click the Start a conversation button in Chat in Gmail
- Go to chat.google.com (login if needed)
- Click Chat from the Google Apps grid
- At the top left, click Find people, rooms, bots
Enter a name and then click Create
- Click Add people & bots
- Enter names or email addresses of people or select suggestions. Suggestions include everyone in the organization
- Click Send
- Click New thread in <Room Name> to start a new conversation in the room
People added to the room will receive an email notification that includes a link that opens the room in Chat.